From Black Friday to Cyber Monday and continuing throughout the holiday shopping season, there are many great sales happening. Some of these deals can be real money-savers for travel and nature photographers.
Here are some of the holiday specials I know about that are of interest to photographers:
- Dreamscapes – all of the great ebooks by Ian Plant and other outstanding nature photographers are 20% off through midnight December 1. No coupons or codes needed.
- Adventures in Light – Joseph Rossbach offers his books and several others at 10% off through Friday, November 28. Use discount code “bf2014″
- Tony Kuyper Actions and Sean Bagshaw Video Tutorials – Tony and Sean are offering a sweet deal on the combination of the complete set of TK Actions and Sean’s excellent video tutorials on using the actions. Highly recommended.
- Topaz Labs – The complete Topaz Photography Collection (all 15 products) for only $249.99 from November 28 through December 1. That’s a savings of $180 for the whole shebang. Coupon code for this deal is “BLACKFRIDAY2014″
- NANPA – From Black Friday through Cyber Monday, new members can join the North American Nature Photography Association for only $50. New and existing members can save $50 on the registration fee for the Summit meeting in San Diego. Gift memberships are also available for $50. Use the promo code “BLACKFRIDAY’.
- West Coast Imaging – Still have some prized film transparencies or negatives waiting to be scanned? WCI is offering their outstanding Heidelberg Tango drum scans at 40% off for orders placed before midnight November 30. Be sure to write the promo code “Black Friday Scan Sale” on your order form.
- KelbyOne – Scott Kelby is offering a bunch of deals from now until midnight, December 1st. Among the best: sign up for an annual membership and get the whole Nik Collection of Photoshop/Lightroom plugins for free.
- Macphun – 40% off plus a $25 Amazon Gift Card with the purchase of 4 of Macphun’s photo processing apps. Hurry on this one, as the deal ends November 29.
- Visual Artistry Workshops – Instruction and photo tours from Tony Sweet with a 10% discount if you register by midnight, November 30.
- ProPhotoSupply – The folks at ProPhotoSupply have been my go-to source for equipment ever since I moved to the Pacific Northwest. They have monthly specials in addition to their special Black Friday-Cyber Mondays deals. Their prices and shipping charges are very competitive, even if you live far from Oregon.
- Frame Destination – Free shipping on orders of $65 or more, through Cyber Monday. This can be a significant savings on large, heavy stuff like frames, glazing and mat board. I’ve been a customer of Frame Destination for years – great service, quality product.
- Amazon.com – well of course Amazon’s got all kinds of deals on photo equipment, accessories, books, etc., etc.
- ChronoSync – Econ Technologies’ Chronosync app is one of the best for backing up your computer data, and is so much better than simply copying files from one drive to another. It’s what I use. Get ChronoSync for $10 off the regular price of $40 from November 27 through December 1, 2014.
- Red River Paper – A Cyber Monday only sale, with savings on many of Red River’s great inkjet photo papers. I print my own photo notecards with 60 lb. Polar Matte and give packs of them as Christmas presents.
- Craft & Vision – Here’s another one that you have to act fast on: 50% off on books and videos by David duChemin and friends. No discount codes necessary, but the deal ends Saturday, 11/29, at 11:59pm (PST).
- onOne Software – It’s only for Black Friday, but there are discounts up to 50% on the Perfect Photo Suite and the individual plugins. I’m personally loving several of the plugins that are included in the Premium 9 Suite that I purchased. It’s a great package whether you just want to improve your “straight” photos or you want to get into applying special effects, textures, frames, etc.
- NatureScapes – This online resource for nature photographers almost always has some special deals on selected items, but from now through December 29th you can get 15% off on any order of $149 or more. Use the code “SAVE15″.
- Anne McKinnell – Outdoor photographer and writer Anne has her ebooks on sale through Dec. 1 at 30% off. No coupons or code required.
- Hunt’s Photo, Adorama and B&H Photo/Video all have holiday specials, and you might want to get on their mailing lists so you don’t miss out.
- REI – All kinds of great stuff at REI and REI-Outlet, with special Black Friday-Cyber Monday savings through Monday, December 1.
- Backcountry Gear – Another great source for outdoor equipment and clothing. Besides the holiday deals they often have close-out sales on major brand stuff.
- Creative Live – Lots of great video workshop tutorials covering just about all fascets of photography. Sale is on through Cyber Monday.
- Greg Vaughn photographic prints, books and workshops – Yup, I’m jumping on the bandwagon and offering my own specials, all good through December 31st. My fine-art prints and canvas gallery wraps are offered at a 20% discount for my collection at FineArtAmerica; use the discount code “ZBZDCD” when ordering. You can also save 20% on prints from almost any of the photos on GregVaughn.com by clicking the “Add to Cart” link; select the Prints tab for standard prints or the Products tab for canvas gallery wraps. Use coupon code “HOLIDAY2014″ at checkout for this one. Don’t have my guidebooks Photographing Oregon and Photographing Washington yet? Order an autographed copy directly from me by clicking the “Add to Cart” button on this page and I’ll refund 15% of the purchase price. For a totally unique gift, either for yourself or a friend, book a private photo workshop with me at 10% off my usual reasonable rates.
Do you know of any other holiday deals of interest to photographers? Send me an email or add a Comment below.
Disclosure: the links to Topaz Software, Dreamscapes, Naturescapes, and Amazon are affiliate links. If you order anything from those sites directly after clicking the links here, I’ll get a few cents on the deal, but it won’t cost you anything extra.